Friday, August 05, 2005

TGIF!!!!!

--This week has been a real ball masher. I, for one, am glad that it is over. The weekend always presents a person with countless opportunities. Opportunities that are usually squandered, but they are presented nonetheless. Boy, did I pick the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

--I happened to catch the premiere of two new shows on FX last night. Holy crap!! The first show, called Starved, is a sitcom about eating disorders. Those are two words that don't often collide in the same sentence. I have to say that the show is very well written, and pretty damn funny. I can just imagine the pitch meeting for this show....."so anyway, you have four friends who all have different eating disorders. Funny, right? Well, it gets better. They go to this support group each week, and then we see them binging and purging. It's genius!!!"

The other show is called It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's about a trio of friends who own a bar in Philadelphia. In the first episode, they hire a "promotions" expert to help trump up business. The guy delivers, and business is booming. Unbeknownst to them, the 'expert' is gay and has filled the bar with gay men. The bar gets a write up in the newspaper as "the hottest gay bar in Philadelphia." Again, it was excellently written and the actors who play the bar-owning friends are absolutely hilarious.

Both of these shows receive the prestigious Thurman The Mole Seal Of Approval.

--Food for thought: Why do manufacturers of ketchup always include the word "tomato" on the label? Do they make ketchup out of anything else? Is there a pumpkin ketchup out there that I've never seen? Or zucchini? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

--Bumper sticker of the month: Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan

--This is quite possibly the most disturbing web site I have ever seen.

--Be on the lookout for some new and exciting updates, as I strive to maximize your Thurman The Mole experience. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them in the comments section. I am planning on a forum and possibly an XML feed.



That'll do it for today. I'll be back Monday with an update on all of the "opportunities" that I most surely squandered. Have a great weekend. The Mole, out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home