Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Again I have sucked the big one. I haven't updated since last Thursday. I finally got my home computer problem fixed, so maybe things will get back to normal. But I doubt it.

--I had another weird dream last night. I went to one of those Roller Derby matches, you know like they had in the '70's where everyone wore sparkley disco garb and tried to kick each other's asses. While on roller skates. How did this ever quit being popular, I ask you? Anyway, I was at this match with some guys I haven't seen since high school. In the dream, we were all drinking copious amounts of malted hops and barley, having a grand ole time. Suddenly, one of my former high school class mates is punched in the back of the head by one of the biggest, ugliest, butchest "women" you have ever seen. They proceed to exchange punches, and I am embarrassed to say that the "female" was whoopin' my friend's ass. Everyone in the gym (arena, stadium??) stopped watching the derby and started watching these two mix it up. I was just getting ready to jump in and help my friend, when my alarm went off. I spent the rest of the morning looking for a large, plaid flannel clad woman to beat up. What the hell is wrong with me?

--My SAR's seems to have cleared up, but I think there is something else going on with me. I think the SAR's may have been masking some other disease, like lyme disease or mono. I am completely run down and tired all the time. I could sleep for twelve hours, get up, move to the couch, and take a nap. I feel like my eyes could slam shut at any minute. I have a general ache about my body, and I just fell blah.

Some have said that I am a hypochondriac. But they're not doctors. Screw them. I'm dying. Getting........weak. Can't............see.................

--I am reading the latest Harry Potter book. I know they are supposed to be for kids, but I love 'em. I am almost pissed that they didn't have them when I was a kid. But, I had The Lord of The Rings and the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so I'll let it slide.

The Harry Potter books have gotten better and better. The newest one is pretty damn dark. But I think it works well for the reader. As the kid reads them, by the time they are ready for the latest book in the series they too have grown and matured. They also translate well onto the big screen. This, and all of the Harry Potter books, receive the prestigious Thurman The Mole Seal of Approval.

If you have not yet read them, I highly recommend them. And I will kick your ass if you don't. Try me.

--I know the hurricane has been everywhere you look, but it still blows me away that 80% of a fairly large metropolitan area is flooded. I think it's one of the signs of the end of the world or something.

All kidding aside, what I imagined the destruction to look like and the story the pictures tell are not even remotely close. It's scary that one day you can be kickin' it in the Big Easy, and the next you are watching everything you own float by as you are trapped atop your once beautiful home. From everyone here at the Mole, our thoughts and prayers go out to you.



That'll do it. I got's to get back to workin' for the man. With the way gas prices are, I'm working to make enough money to go back to work and that's about it. Doesn't quite compute, does it. Oh well. I'm dying, what do I care. See you tomorrow. If I can survive through the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home