Monday, August 22, 2005

--I think my computer at home has contracted a virus. I mean, you try to tell them that if they insist on living such a high risk lifestyle, without any protection, that something like this might happen. You play with fire, scarecrow, and you're gonna get burned.

Seriously, I was at home last night, trying to squeeze in a few hands of online poker before bed, when my computer restarted itself. I thought nothing of it at first, but it did it again. I checked the processes from the task manager, and new ones were popping up left and right, with names like xsjfd.exe, jhgytu.exe, yruiod.exe. As I tried to stop them, more would pop up. I think I know the solution, but I think I have a long night on my hands. Wish me luck.

--I still have SARs. Or maybe it's avian flu. Either way, my head feels like it is stuffed with cotton, I can't taste anything. I am pretty sure that my body is producing more nose juice than it ever has in my entire life. I once had a head cold that lasted for 6 months. It just kept going. Finally one night I was in the bathroom and sneezed, and when I looked at my hand it looked like I had had a run in with that slimey ghost thingy from Ghostbusters. I yelled for my wife, because I didn't know if I should be alarmed. I mean, there was A LOT of the stuff.

After it was all out, I felt like a new man. I could breath, my head didn't feel like it weighed thirty pounds, and I could taste again. I hope this doesn't go on for that long. Please kill me.

--I made my much anticipated trek to the state fair Friday night. The freaks were on parade, as I had predicted. I am glad that people are comfortable in their own skin, but do they have to show so much of it? I mean there were kids there for Christ's sake.

I had my corndog. It was spectacular. But that was all I had. That and a diet coke. We spent eighty dollars, and I got a corn dog and a diet coke. I'm not sure it was eighty dollars good. It cost $22 to get in, including parking. I paid five dollars to park in a god damned field 2 miles from the fair. My son wanted a piece of pizza and a gatorade. Eight bucks. We bought $25 worth of ride tickets, which were good for four rides. He wanted an elephant ear, 5 bucks. He wanted me to win him a Sponge Bob doll, 8 bucks (and no, I didn't win it). My wife had a cheese steak, and I got a corn dog. Some how I think I may have gotten screwed. What do you think?

But, this trip was for my son. He is 5, and had never been before. We walked through the livestock barnes, and he got to pet a cow for the first time. There were goats and rabbits, too but he had seen them before. He really had a great time and you can't put a price tag on that. Of course, I almost could have bought him his own cow for that price..........

--Sorry for the short update today. I had a lot going on at work today and had several meetings. I'll try to do better tomorrow.


Don't take any wooden nickels. Mole, out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home